We all do our best to keep our smiles pearly white, but even the more proper dental hygienic practices will eventually yield a dingy grin. It’s just how it works. There are lots of things in our lives that can begin to cause our teeth to become less than white. Are you tired of having yellow, stained teeth, despite your strict daily dental hygiene? You are not alone. There are millions of people suffering from the same problem. Luckily, there are plenty of teeth whitening treatments available to help us out.
But why does this happen if you are looking after your teeth? This happens because the outer layers of your teeth get stained over the years by poor lifestyle habits. When these outside sources of staining are left to sit on the teeth all day until your next brushing, the dentin on your teeth becomes yellowish or darkened. The best way to help your stained discolored teeth is with one of the easiest cosmetic dentistry procedures, professional tooth whitening.
Contributing factors to yellowing, stained teeth:
- Tetracycline based antibiotics used before the age of 8 years old
- Excessive exposure to fluoride as a child
- Internal bleeding due to trauma
- Discoloration due to a health condition
- Natural aging- as time goes by enamel gets thinner and thinner and will get a yellowish hue
While teeth discoloration is inevitable, here are simple rules to live by to help thwart the yellowing process:
- Visit your dentist regularly for teeth cleanings
- Rinse your mouth out with water several times throughout the day
- Use toothpaste with whitening agents
To set up an appointment, call Dr. Middleton in Riverside, CA at 951-688-3442 or visit www.gmdental.com.
Dr. Middleton proudly accepts patients from Riverside and all surrounding areas.